[Openstreetmap] Maps that Lye

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Sep 27 21:36:19 BST 2005

Frank Mohr wrote:

> another example for "maps that lie" (and the need for ontoloies)
>
> i just found a receipt for a ferry over the Rhine i used,
> where the paper map showed a bridge ...

That's probably a mistake instead of a deliberate lie though.

I use TomTom Citymaps on my Palm for finding my way around strange
cities.  It's amazing how often I have to take an "unnamed ferry" for a
few yards - between two roads which cross each other!  That it is so
pervasive smacks of a bug to me.

Aluminum makes a nice hat.
All paranoids will tell you that.
But what most do not know