[Openstreetmap] Re: Applet updates and death to XMLRPC

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Tue Sep 27 23:03:34 BST 2005

* @ 27/09/05 07:14:04 PM pere at hungry.com wrote:

> [Steve Coast]
> > After fixing many bugs all over the place and entering a higher plane of
> > SQL consciousness the applet now talks to the REST API. The same things
> > are missing as before, namely the keyval system, but the rest works:
> > line and node movement and creation. The static map and the applet now
> > have the same idea about what map data exists... but the static map lags
> > as images are cached server-side.
>
> This sounds very good.  Too bad I only can run java applets using
> appletviewer, and the applet fail to work this way. :(

Why's this?

> I hope to find time to add a login dialog to the applet, but it is
> unlikely to happen this week. :)

You can make the applet log in fairly simply with user/pass instead of a
token... It'd be best to run it as an application so you get around all
the security stuff and just pass it the login details on the command
line. I'm waiting for tom to get back from his hols to think about that.

have fun,