[OSM-talk] OSM web forums?

RolyMo rolymo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:04:54 BST 2006

Hi all.

Having had a positive response for my requests for help, I'd like to
see if there is something I can do to contribute.

I can see that the talk email list works very well for established OSM
contributors, but I'd suggest its relatively hard for a newcomer to
break into.  I put it to SteveC that maybe an OSM web forum would be a
worthwhile alternative; he suggested I post to the talk list.

If a forum is something you would find useful, I would like to offer
my services to set it up.  I am not likely to be of much help with
coding the mapping software, but content management (including forum
configuration and administration) is something I can do.

(For those who may be interested in the choice of forum, I compared a
couple of open-source systems I like on my little family website.
phpBB is the obvious forum choice but depending on needs, Xoops might
be a better option for OSM. http://www.levertons.net/cms/node/22 )

If the result of this discussion is to retain the email system, I respect that.

Cheers,

Dave