[OSM-talk] Summary of the irc meeting.

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Thu Apr 6 12:11:24 BST 2006

> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:39:05AM +0200, immanuel.scholz at gmx.de wrote:
>
>> * one "member" one vote. Members for initial voting are all registered
>> on the
>> server (mailing list or wiki) on April 1st
>
> I don't think this works. The Debian UK society had something equivalent
> in their constitution which they had to change[0] because of concerns
> about the legality of defining a membership automatically[1].

My apology, I have made a bad summary here ;-)

In fact, we decided different things:

- all people on the ML or in the server may vote for the initial officiers
- one of the first things for the offs is to specify what a "member" is.
This is based on regular payment, code contribution, data contribution or
any combination of them (has to be figured out).
- for both, the initial voting "members" and the real foundation members
later applies: one person, one vote.

Ciao, Imi.