[OSM-talk] Summary of the irc meeting.

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Thu Apr 6 12:35:17 BST 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 13:23, Lars Aronsson wrote:
> Immanuel Scholz wrote:
> > - all people on the ML or in the server may vote for the initial
> > officiers
>
> There might still be some confusion of whether "in the server"
> means "have a user page on the wiki" or "have registered their
> e-mail address so they can use the track upload / editing applet".
> These are two different registrations.
>
> And also, is it sufficient to have a registered login name (on the
> map or on the wiki), or should you also have written something on
> your wiki user page, should you have actually uploaded some GPX
> file, should you actually have added some line segments?
>
> Not that I care much.  People who just register and don't care to
> contribute, probably won't care to vote, anyway.  But perhaps it
> should be clarified.

You're right. What we wanted to get, was a base for the _first_ vote.
And for the first vote I think it doesn't make a big difference. As you
already stated: those who don't care won't just vote.

For further votes we have to make sure that no one can easily register twice
and that no Troll can destroy the voting.

Joerg

--
http://www.ostertag.name/