[OSM-talk] Mutilated Sheep - was: cabspotting

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 10:26:16 BST 2006

This is the privacy statement in their FAQ.. Doesn't inspire me with a lot
of confidence.

"Out of respect for the privacy of cab drivers and customers, no direct
access to cab data with identifiable cab numbers is provided to the public
or to our artists. The project emphasizes the analysis of aggregate data and
data patterns, with most of this analysis happening on historic data and
larger data patterns using scrambled cab numbers. Real-time information is
limited to a small sample of random cabs. The display resolution is also
limited to prevent tracking to and from individual addresses. We welcome
comments and suggestions on how to restrict the system to a benevolent use
of the data."

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk