[OSM-talk] Summary of the irc meeting.

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Fri Apr 7 12:27:12 BST 2006

"Immanuel Scholz" <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> wrote in message
news:60036.80.246.32.40.1144408982.squirrel at www.eigenheimstrasse.de...

> So your conclusion is, that the security by using signed GPG-ids as a
> requirement to become member of OSMF is too easy to bypass and the
> problems we get with ensuring it at all aren't worth the effort?

No, my conclusion is it would unreasonably preclude people who could not get
signed GPG-ids and those people unwilling to have signed GPG-ids.

The other stuff was just to illustrate that it doesn't prevent duplicate
people so if that's a design constraint it's not really meeting it.   Of
course there's very little that does other than only in person voting...

Cheers,

Jim.