[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] Another vote for a monthly database image....

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Sat Apr 8 16:06:19 BST 2006

No, that was just extracting all segments and ways with
highway=motorway or class=motorway and then all associated nodes.

The SVG rendering of the result was quick (mainly because not much has
been tagged yet).

My plan is to create a generic filter tool using the same kind of rule
files as osmarender to be able to extract features of interest
(motorways, railways, pubs, whatever).  Since each pass of planet.osm
currently takes way too long, I think I first need to implement a rule
that filters by location.

Etienne

On 4/8/06, Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/8/06, Etienne Cherdlu <openstreetmap-L at gj0.net> wrote:
> > Agreed, its definitely useful.
> >
> > I ran an extract to select all elements marked as motorways using a
> > prototype of what I hope will become osmafilter.  It took 3 hours!
> > So yes any kind of processing of planet.osm is likely to be quite
> > slow.
>

> That is just converting to SVG right?
>

> About Steves distribs rendering idea, ther is a Java SVG renderer..:
>
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/

Etienne
(Forgot to reply to the list again)