[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] Register javascript method to call when a node is clicked in the applet.

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Sun Apr 9 18:32:03 BST 2006

On 4/9/06, Jim Ley <jim at jibbering.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been playing with capturing geocoded audio and video streams as I
> collect tracklogs to make it easier to capture information of road names and
> stuff around the road.  It would be great if I could link to these from the
> applet, this would be easy if a click in the applet called a script in the
> containing page.
>
> I think this would be quite a simple change to the applet - just making it
> so that when you click on a node, it also calls a javascript in the
> containing document.  I'm not a java developer, I detest java in fact, but
> do any of the applt people know if that would be simple and could point me
> in the right direction?

Sounds like a quick one - the applet already has the javascript
libraries included so it can update the link in the view tab.  Have a
look at the updateLinks method in OsmApplet.java -
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/java/src/org/openstreetmap/processing/OsmApplet.java

But then, it's almost a year since I suggested something similar :)
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Ideas
(anyone know why that page is locked?  like
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Roadmap_For_Version_1.0 it
should probably be merged into Trac and retired)

Tom.