[OSM-talk] Adding segments to a way

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Sun Apr 9 19:14:20 BST 2006

Hi All

I'm trying to add some segments to an existing way. I've watched Imi's video,
but I still can't seem to manage it. Can someone suggest what I'm doing wrong:

1) Pick the A tool
2) Click on the existing way
3) Pick the segments tab
4) Check the change check box
5) Click on the segment I want to add to the way
6) Segments goes red (as expected)
7) Click ok

8) The segments doesn't become white, goes back to green (not expected)
9) Wait for "uploading to finish showing"
10) Move the map very slightly, and wait for re-draw
11) Segment is not white (still green)
12) Click A on way, then select segments tab
13) Added segment not showing in list

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

(If it's of use, I'm trying to add to the way at lat=51.62038144950642
lon=-1.2982637882232666, adding the next couple of segments to the right of the
way)

Cheers
Nick