[OSM-talk] oneway != -1! (was: Osmarender 1.3 with support for symbols and nested rules)

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Mon Apr 10 10:40:00 BST 2006

Yes, some way of reversing the from/to attribute values without having
to delete and re-add the segment would be a very helpful improvement.

Also some easier way to see which way the segment was drawn would be
useful.  In JOSM I currently hold down the Alt key and put the cursor
over the segment and read the coordinates from the status line.  Then
I put the cursor over the node at each end of the segment and try to
see which end is which.  Not easy for short segments when the
difference may be less than 0.001.

Until tool support is provided then oneway=-1 is just a convenient way
of saying "oneway but its the other way".  Since its just implemented
in the rules Osmarender can cope however it is expressed in the
database (for example, oneway=yes could also be a rule).

Etienne

On 4/10/06, Immanuel Scholz <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > The key oneway=1 draws an arrow in the same direction the segment was
> > originally drawn.  oneway=-1 draws an arrow in the opposite direction
> > to the way the segment was originally drawn.
>
> The current general idea of oneway is to be a boolean-like value. I
> recommend turning the line segment around instead of setting oneway to -1
> in case of the wrong direction inserted.
>
> (Unfortunatly, there is currently no easy way to turn the segment around.
> Volunteer hackers? ;)
>

> Ciao, Imi.

Etienne
(Forgot to reply to the list again)