[OSM-talk] Statistics on planet.osm.gz

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 10:43:38 BST 2006

For sections of streets with common attributes you can apply the suggested
keys and values form the Map Features page on the wiki. There are a number
of different naming and referencing keys you can use, or define your own.
Where attributes change, for example when the reference stays the same but
the street name changes, make the common attribute sections into separate
ways. As imi says, ways can quite happily overlap each other. You would
apply the same method for example if assigning a bus route, i.e. overlap a
new way by selecting ways and/or segments for the new way.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk