[OSM-talk] Statistics on planet.osm.gz

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 11:21:05 BST 2006

To follow up on this one, when I have a way with a roundabout along it I
make the roundabout one separate way and the two roads approaching also
separate ways. Each of these three separate ways may have the same
attributes except that I would eventually add a direction key for the
roundabout.

However I also have plenty of situations where the road splits (becomes
divided) immediately before a roundabout or other major junction. The split
segments can be keyed with one_way attributes but I am currently generally
(but not always) making both legs of the split part of the same way.

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk