[OSM-talk] (Easter?) TIGER Import

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Wed Apr 19 09:54:50 BST 2006

The import appears to have been doing Alaska for several days.  So
assuming Alaska as a typical state (which is isn't), then 5 x 50 = 500
days.  So, yes, it could easily take 1000 days.  Maybe it should be
speeded up a bit else it will be 3 years before Wyoming is done.

BTW you can see which state it is doing by looking at
http://brainoff.com/osm/change.

Etienne

On 4/19/06, Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I understand, a "complete chain" is a single street, so my estimate is
> off by a factor of 10 .. so over 1000 days for the upload! Can that be
> right?
>
> 1 road for ever about every 9 people .. that sounds like the US! ;)

Etienne
(Forgot to reply to the list again)