[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] Rules file for OSM renderer

nick at hogweed.org nick at hogweed.org
Thu Apr 20 12:44:36 BST 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 12:42, SteveC wrote:
> * @ 20/04/06 10:28:50 AM nick at hogweed.org wrote:
> > > This is looking very nice.
> > >
> > > Will it be able to run off the live database any time soon?
> >
> > I guess Steve's the one to ask there.
>
> Yes sure, any time. It works in mercator right?

It works with the slippy map so I guess so.

> What will we do with landsat? does it look nice with your maps?

See http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org/test/index.php. At the moment Landsat is
grabbed from jpl.nasa.gov so it's slower than it need be.

> what
> happens with SRTM data?

We'd need to download it to the server. At the moment only UK SRTM is on the
dev server. Obviously it's a lot of data but if we got Europe (for the
moment) that would cover the most-surveyed areas. They can be got from:

ftp://e0srp01u.ecs.nasa.gov/srtm/version2/SRTM3/Eurasia/

What I'll do is grab some continental Europe height data and put it on the dev
server, to check my renderer works ok outside the UK, then let you know when
it's ready to go 'live'

Nick