[OSM-talk] geocoding street sign photos

Andrew Loughhead andrew at incanberra.com.au
Sun Apr 23 22:06:37 BST 2006

hi all,

I have recently found OSM and started collecting data in my part of the
world [1]. Does anyone have ideas for how to geocode photos of street
signs? I know that I won't remember enough of them once I start mapping
local streets. I could use a digital camera, and geocode them based on
the location matching in time from the GPS track, which is easily the
most common option google is finding. I had hoped to use a Jornada 568 +
CF camera with GPS mouse attached, and geocode directly, but can't find
any software that looks like it does that.

Would OSM store such photos?

cheers
Andrew.

 1.