[OSM-talk] Google Maps maps most of Europe

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Tue Apr 25 15:18:45 BST 2006

"Richard Fairhurst" <richard at systemeD.net> wrote in message
news:20060425150631.ha1eukj2o800ss80 at webmail.systemed.net...
> Quoting Jim Ley <jim at jibbering.com>:
>
>> Not really Google maps is still pretty useless for lots of areas where
>> OSM
>> does better, e.g.
>>
>> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&ll=54.233932,-4.493408&spn=0.47678,0.991516&om=1
>
> I'd like to nominate the above for osm-talk Post Of The Year.

Chrus Schmidt actually noticed, wondering if the tracks OSM had were
actually bike routes or something - Jersey and Guernsey are also missing -
I'm guessing navteq stiffed them on buying "UK" data and the americans
didn't realise the islands weren't actually in the UK...

Jim.