[OSM-talk] Mailing list -> forum?

Jon Stockill lists at stockill.net
Wed Apr 26 12:06:04 BST 2006

Thomas Walraet wrote:
> Immanuel Scholz a écrit :
>>
>> PS: I would be in a strong favour of a *CLEAN* and *SIMPLE* forum.
>
> For me, the best solution is an NNTP server.
>
> And if an NNTP server scare young people or occasional users, I suggest
> an NNTP server with a web front-end.

Newsportal is a php frontend to newsgroups - takes a few mins to set up.
  Mailman is capable of gating a mailing list to a newsgroup (which can
then be read forum style using Newsportal). That way everyone gets their
chosen interface.

FWIW I'd hate to see any of the discussion going forum only - the
convenience of having the content delivered to you to be read in the
application of your choice should not be underestimated.

Ordinarily newsportal could be found here:

http://florian-amrhein.de/newsportal but they appear to be having db
problems at the moment....

--
Jon Stockill