[OSM-talk] Apologies

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Wed Apr 26 12:26:48 BST 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 11:26:05PM +0000, Tom Carden wrote:
> On 4/25/06, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at crschmidt.net> wrote:
> > After the last 100 message license debate, I got tired of
> > the fact that people were spending hours upon hours arguing over the
> > most minute detail repeatedly with no resolution. So I left, and I
> > probably shouldn't have come back, as doing so has only succeded in
> > making clear my frustrations, which is never a good thing to do in a
> > volunteer project.
>
> Right, but you  acted like you knew all about the project - you'd
> already tried and failed to give money, hardware, fix bugs etc.  But
> if you left, then you missed the resolution of a lot of those
> stressful annoying things.

Yeah, but in coming back, I'm only finding more stressful and annoying
things to replace them.

> > Well, my previous patches to the code for issues in trac were all
> > completely ignored, so I'm glad that I at least got people to ask me not
> > to do what I was doing -- that's better than being ignored.
>
> Hmm... that's not cool - what patches?  I can't find you anywhere on
> trac by searching for crschmidt or schmidt (compare searching for
> carden or steve or imi).  Did you ask for a subversion account and
> upload the changes there, or just send them directly to Steve.  Steve
> has on occasion been snowed under with OSM, but I'm pretty sure he
> doesn't turn down patches if they work... what went wrong?

I don't comment in bugzilla/bug tracker installs until I have some idea
of what's going on with the code, which is why I sent messages to the
dev at openstreetmap list first. I have no interest in SVN access, I was
just hoping to be able to help fix a few small things -- I believe it
was right after Steve or someone else said "We don't need money or
hardware right now, we need people to fix bugs" so I went and attempted
a few.

As I said in another email, this is probably on my end, with being
unable to regularly receive or send mail to the mailing lists.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer