[OSM-talk] Failed the goal? :-) JOSM feedback from the wiki.

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Thu Apr 27 09:10:03 BST 2006

Hi,

I find it astounding, what people thinks are the main features of JOSM.. :-D

>From http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Compare_editors

"Easy to use, fast, the user can configure colours used in the editing
window."

It is funny, because for these topics my goals for JOSM were:

- for regular users (means I don't care much if it get a bit complicated)
- for power users (means I don't care about performance either)
- abstract display rather than nice-and-realistic (so I don't care too
much about whether the map looks nice)

So the topmost features are exactly the opposite I tried to achieve? ;-)

This brings me to the conclusion, that I don't have enough feedback from
my users about what they want. JOIN THE TRAC! PRIORIZE MY BUGS!
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&component=josm

Ciao, Imi.