[OSM-talk] Which track logging software

Nicola Ranaldo ranaldo at unina.it
Fri Aug 11 10:05:06 BST 2006

On Thursday 10 August 2006 12:05, Erik Johansson wrote:
> On 8/10/06, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:
> > People who use a laptop or a car-mounted computer to collect
> > tracklogs, which software do you use?  I'm primarily looking for
> > a Linux solution,

cat  /dev/devicename >nmea.log
or if you want to share the gps device using gpsd, try gpspipe -r >nmea.log

a old good idea could be to write some cool software that permits you to add
vocals note,snapshot, junctions and so on from mic/camera while driving,
showing the log in realtime and helping you to return on junctions with
untracked streets and to postprocess data....

is there any software doing it?

	Niko