[OSM-talk] line length stats

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Wed Aug 16 15:44:26 BST 2006

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 16:11, Andy Robinson wrote:
> Anyone got or fancy hacking some code to calculate the total length of live
> segments on the db. Would be useful for up and coming presentations to be
> able to quote some stats. I guess something of a working planet ideally?

I can tell you about the current planet.osm as soo as this one is working.
So lets start focusing on getting the data inside the osm-server consistent.

> Also the split between Tiger and the rest (the rest being of interested as
> that gives a good indication of how the manual editing process is going.
>
> Another quick and dirty way would might be to take a sample of the data and
> work out the average length of segment and then just multiply that by the
> total number of active (i.e. no deletes) segments.

> Anyone up for this?

I changed check_osm to spit that out too:
it's in
 OSM_errors_statistics-segments.html

planet-2006-07-a.osm :
 Maximum Segment length: 24.43 Km
 Average Segment length: 0.19 Km
 All Segment together length: 162752.82 Km

-

Joerg