[OSM-talk] Coastlines

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 19:30:55 BST 2006

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 10:23, Nick Black wrote:
> Could this be a discrepency due to the definition of the tideline?  If
> the landsat image was taken at high tide, but the shoreline data is
> based on an average tide....

PGS is nominally the high tide mark (so we'll be able to add some areas
outside of it to show places you can go when the tide's out like Lindisfarne)

However, the NGA website mentions that there will be _some_ tidal-induced
inaccuracies in the data.

Part of the Isle of Wight will be uploaded this evening, so we'll be able to
check it against GPS-derived beach walks, piers, and seafronts.

OJW

p.s. does our license prevent using this image to get island names?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Hebridesmap.png