[OSM-talk] line length; checks in server

Nicola Ranaldo ranaldo at unina.it
Thu Aug 17 10:37:36 BST 2006

> > * Forbid to {add/change} a segment witch have the same start and enpoint
> > than a already existing.

forbid segement from a to b, if exists a segment from b to a ?

> This will have to do a segment lookup. We'll have to test what the
> performance impact is. But I definitely would vote for doing this one two
> if the perfomange impact is not too big.

are there statistics about read/write api call available? i think the overall
is map and object requests...

> > * Forbid a node with the same lon and lat.
>
> Only if they have the same tags.
>   - Same lat/lon, different elevation for example

Yes... this has sense

>   - same position two differnt PointOfInterest with different name= tags

Actual scheme will suggest this, but i think you have to choose and formalize
a robust solution becouse two nodes with the same lat/lon/elevations let
users create unconnected paths. If we adopt the duplicated schema all editors
should warn users of these nodes while selecting them.

        Niko