[OSM-talk] Forthcoming mapping weekend

Dan Karran dan at karran.net
Thu Aug 17 13:11:53 BST 2006

On 8/17/06, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> How many have we had now?
>
> IoW, Mapchester, Reading, Bath, Rutland, Brighton (hopefully), Keele
> (SoC), Brussels (Euro OSCON coming up), New Forest...

What's planned for Euro OSCON? I'm hopefully going to be up there too
(though not for OSCON itself, for a different conference), so should
be able to join in for at least part of it.

> Is it reasonable to get one a month or more? Even just in the UK? I've
> been thinking of throwing open my flat for a weekend to do bits of
> Surrey: Within a short car or train ride there are plenty of 1 man-day
> or so towns and villages.
>
> The effects are multiplicitive because then all those villages and towns
> would then get a map on wikipedia.

I wonder how many people in little villages around the UK are already
interested in Geocaching? If only we could get those people
interested, I think there'd be little pockets of people all over the
place.

Dan

--
Dan Karran