[OSM-talk] Coastlines

Collinson Mike mike at ayeltd.biz
Tue Aug 22 00:20:11 BST 2006

At 04:34 AM 22/08/2006, David Groom wrote:
>Alternatively, you could take the existing PGS upload log file,
>strip out everything except the node data, add the shift to the node
>data, save it as a CSV file ,and open it in JOSM and compare it to
>the OSM data.  Takes less than 5 minutes to do this in a spreadsheet.
>
>That way you don't have to populate the OSM database with another
>copy of the data.
>
>David

I've adapted the original upload script (thanks OJW!) to instead
write out a .osm file that can be opened directly by JOSM, adding
offsets would be trivial.

My wiki and OSM data edit usernames do not allow me access to the
subversion repository so I've put it here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/User:Ewmjc/PGS_2_OSM_Conversion_Script

The original is

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Shapefile_upload_script

BTW, I've used it to generate a Sydney harbour outline, which I've
uploaded. This is a complex set of almost enclosed inlets within
inlets. It looks very good, only occasionally confused by bridges
that I've edited out and yacht flotillas.  I'm still assessing any
lateral shifts.

Mike
Oz