[OSM-talk] Waypoint upload application

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 11:11:19 BST 2006

On 22/08/06, OJW <streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk> wrote:

> p.s. It would be nice to move that application to an OSM server so people
> don't have to trust my website with their passwords.

Yes, can this be an optional step in the GPX uploading code - pull out
waypoints and annotate them?

And/or an option on each GPX page?

>From my (albeit limited) experience with GPS devices, waypoints seem
to be the most natural thing to use for recording points of interest.
Would seem a natural next step for the openstreetmap.org tool-set?

What are the stumbling blocks?  I'm happy to contribute
HTML/CSS/javascript for this, on the bank holiday weekend, if someone
else is happy to put the Ruby together... or are we waiting for RoR?

Tom.