[OSM-talk] Organisation of Wiki pages

Nicola Ranaldo ranaldo at unina.it
Fri Aug 25 14:50:20 BST 2006

> rendered image of every village on the planet.  Right now, though, it is
> the only way that a casual visitor to the site will see anything that
> really shows off the results we've achived (and the wiki is a lot faster
> than the main site so the brosing experience is much better).
>
> What do people think?

I like the wiki/collaborative approach, but at the same time i think the
*generic/casual user* is confused by the lot of redoundant links
and "gerarchy anarchy" coming from it. If the most clicked link is "recent
changes" it's easy to say actually the site is a developer/hackers party and
not a "portal" :)) I repeat, i like it as is now but if you think osm has to
be opened to not skilled users somethinks should be revisited (and not only
the wiki!).

About the images, in the future the online-applet and the tiles should become
quite rich of features and have a fine look, so there will be no need for all
these raster images to show what you can do with osm data.
Of course there will be pages and links showing what you can do
with "external" software, but the number of images will be limited to show
only some examples.

regards

	Niko