[OSM-talk] Merchandise (was : Amazon)

Etienne 80n80n at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 21:28:34 BST 2006

Cake sales?  Now that's an idea...

You'll see here http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/User:80n that I
strongly believe that the consumer of OSM data should be the one to pay.
The contributors to OSM are already very generously giving their time.

However, OSM is still at an early stage and its a hard sell at the moment to
get people to use the data.  I'd be very interested in any success stories
and accessible examples that we could showcase.

The associate deals I've set up are for products that many OSM users will
probably be purchasing anyway.  They generate revenue for OSM at no
additional cost to anyone.  Its a win-win deal that generates short term
revenue which is sorely needed by OSM to get us to the next stage.

I hope that soon we'll get beyond the stage where we have to do cake-sales
(I might just organize one for the Rutland mapping party) but at the moment
every penny helps, and these things really do help us significantly.

Etienne