[OSM-talk] Rendering road names with osmarender

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Thu Aug 31 23:17:53 BST 2006

Hi All

I've been trying to make a detailed pretty map with osmarender. However,
try as I might, I can't get it to show me any of the road names. I've just
taken the xml+xsl files from svn, changed the scale (up to 3.5), but
nothing else.

With firefox, I don't get any road names or any cyclepath names, but
that's as the wiki tells me to expect.

With inkscape (0.44, debian packaged) and batik, I get names on all the
cycle paths (well, just above the cycle path), but nothing on any of the
roads.

(With mozilla and the adobe svg plugin, it just whinges about truetype
fonts, and refuses to show me anything)

Can someone suggest the trick for getting the road names to show up? I can
supply the .osm and .svg files if that'd help.

Cheers
Nick