[OSM-talk] Flying with GPS: LGW - ALC track

Paul Youlten paul.yellowikis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 00:34:26 GMT 2006

Following the discussion about mid-air GPS, I thought some of you might like
to see what the track looks like in JOSM:

1] Complete track:
http://static.flickr.com/117/310654808_619eac93b6_o.jpg

2] Getting closer to ALC:
http://static.flickr.com/116/310661210_38664826a0_o.png

3] Final approach:
http://static.flickr.com/104/310661195_5ca577345d_o.png

4] Taxiing to stand:
http://static.flickr.com/101/310661223_b3f2e699e3_o.png

I chickened out of having my laptop turned on at take-off so you only see
from the point when the seat-belt sign was switched off. My GPS estimated
that we were doing about 750km/hour most of the way at about 11,000 meters.

I'm flying back to Gatwick on Monday - It will be interesting to see how far
apart the different flight paths are (and where they cross) ;-o

PY

--
Yellow Pages for the 21st Century