[OSM-talk] Sydney

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Fri Dec 1 22:44:47 GMT 2006

At 07:52 PM 1/12/2006, 80n wrote:
>In case our Austrailan contributors are feeling neglected I'd like
>to point out that parts of Sydney had been rendered in the
>Osmarender layer on the slippy map.
>
>If you use the following url you'll initially get the "...more OSM
>coming soon" message, but then select the Osmarender layer using the
>plus button on the right hand side to see the results of lots of good work.
>
><http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=-33.88974361763804&lon=151.19890669523767&zoom=13>http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=-33.88974361763804&lon=151.19890669523767&zoom=13
>

>80n

Excellent! Thank you Etienne.

As for general Australian status, we now have two contributors based
in Canberra, Andrew and David, who are coming up to speed committing
mapping data.  I've just left Sydney, at least for a few months, but
have just collected info for a 900 km strip up the NSW coast which
should appear along with Sydney's northern beaches over the next
three weeks. I currently working on Toowoomba in Queensland and some
surrounding bush towns.

Mike
Oz