[OSM-talk] Direction of segments in OSM Areas?

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 10:41:16 GMT 2006

AFAIK most people are creating a separate way for each area.  This enables
the segments in each area to be aligned in the required direction.  It does
mean that you often end up with a road bordered on either side by an area
boundary.

Using JOSM I normally zoom in to the point where the zoom scale says about
20m and then position the boundary about 1m from the road.  At this scale 1m
is roughly the same as the size of the cross-arrow cursor (on a Windows
box), so this make it easy to be consistent about the proximity of the area
to the road.  On even large scale rendering the area will always appear to
abut the road without any gaps.

80n