[OSM-talk] Yahoo! imagery in OSM

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Mon Dec 4 12:06:14 GMT 2006

* @ 04/12/06 01:38:24 PM bvh-osm at irule.be wrote:
> > > Did you oversell how many OSM'ers there were, or have a few tens of thousand
> > > more people started on it recently?
> > I didn't say _I_ was concerned.
>
> No but you _did_ say understandably... :)

Yeah because if I was a corporate giant and someone suggested it would
be a great idea if unknown hippy hackers on the other side of the world
wrote clients that they had no control over, that may or may not show
the correct data or copyrights (which they have agreements to uphold)...
for free...

...and there are many other reasons to be cautious.

Not everybody in the world is convinced OSM is good yet. :-(

have fun,