[OSM-talk] Making a Way Error in JOSM

Philip Mark Donaghy philip.donaghy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 12:25:03 GMT 2006

Hello, I'm using the latest JOSM editor and I download all osm data
and raw gpx data that I uploaded recently.

I convert the GPS layer to the Data layer by clicking on it and
selecting Convert to data layer.

I select the points and segments that I want to edit.

Then I click on Add a new way to the Data.

I give it two property called created_by and name with a values
Donaghy and Rue Lavidan.

Then I click on Upload data.

The confirmation message appears. I click OK.

The upload Node dialog appears. I wait.

An error message appears. Error while parsing: An error occured:

The stack trace indicates a server timeout. Is this common, or user error?

upload to: http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.3/node/0
got return: 200 with id 21458980
upload to: http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.3/node/0
java.lang.RuntimeException: connect timed out
        at org.openstreetmap.josm.io.OsmServerWriter.uploadOsm(OsmServerWriter.j
ava:76)
        at org.openstreetmap.josm.actions.UploadAction$1.realRun(UploadAction.ja
va:77)
        at org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.PleaseWaitRunnable.run(PleaseWaitRunnable.
java:74)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--
Philip Donaghy