[OSM-talk] Prolification of the amenity tag

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Thu Dec 7 11:45:57 GMT 2006

On 11/29/06, Paul Youlten <paul.youlten at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) Assuming you can draw up an agreed list of accepted amenities
> (motorway service stations yes, bike shops no; churches with spires yes,
> tall office buildings no; football stadia yes, shopping malls no;...)
> Who is going to police it?
>
> It would be better for us to think about how best to present the amenity
> information at different levels of zoom (maybe including flight paths).

In addiction to this I think we will somehow/someday develop a method
to help the viewer understand how much the information we provide is
current.

how much is current a bus stop in a certain location? and a bubble gum
dispenser? and a newly constructed highway?

--
Simone Cortesi

All that is gold does not glitter;
not all those that wander are lost.