[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap in WorldWind

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Dec 7 14:19:18 GMT 2006

One of the things that TileCache offers is support for the WorldWind 3D
globe client. I finally got my hands on a Windows machine, so I could
try it out:

  http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/osm-ww.jpg

Instructions on how to set this up in your own WorldWind client are
available from:

  http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/about.html#WorldWind

WorldWind seems to have a problem where it doesn't zoom past level 4
against these layers, unfortunately, and I'm not sure why (nor is anyone
in #worldwind). If I can fix that, I will.

Improved WorldWind metadata support for TileCache will be made available
in the next release of TileCache.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt