[OSM-talk] JOSM plugin - WMS & Metacarta's Map Rectifier (wmsplugin)

chippy chippy chippy2005 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 17:55:11 GMT 2006

Hello,

I've changed the landsat plugin a bit so as to be able to use
Metacarta's Map Rectifier http://labs.metacarta.com/rectifier/ to
display the warped WMS images. It also can show Landsat and any other
WMS.

You can find more info and pictures on my blog:
http://thinkwhere.wordpress.com/2006/12/08/josm-plugin-for-wms-map-rectifier/

In short, you can upload an out of copyright map scan, rectify it
based on existing OSM data (it has the OSM mapnik layer), warp it, and
serve it via WMS to display in JOSM.
http://labs.metacarta.com/rectifier/rectify/74

The plugin installs a menu option with four items, 1) Set fully formed
WMS url 2) Use Map Rectifier url 3) Default back to Landsat 4) get
some help and information.

You can get the plugin jar here: http://chippy2005.googlepages.com/wmsplugin.jar
and the sources here: http://chippy2005.googlepages.com/wmsplugin.zip

I fully expect it to change as bugs are found and squashed! Hope it
works for you :)