[OSM-talk] Yahoo!

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Dec 14 14:18:35 GMT 2006

Ahoy,

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:33:52 +0000, "Nick Black" <nickblack1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/13/06, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:
>> This is great! It would be even more useful if I could use the tiles in
>> JOSM, or if the editing applet could render areas, paths, streams and
> other
>> features as significantly thinner lines.
>
> -+ will adjust the thickness of all of the lines displayed by the applet.
> Do you think it would be useful to display different thicknesses for
> different features?  I've thought about this before, but have felt it
> would
> clutter the limit screen space?

Aha, that's perfect. If the lines were thinner at the high zoom levels that would help, they're currently too thick for me at 16. Thinner lines for footpaths would also be handy, and better yet some subtle colours. The final irritation I suffered whilst playing with it today was that landuse areas, which currently need to come very close to roads, make editing a real pain. With JOSM I can quickly zoom in and out so it's not too bad, but it's a bit cumbersome in the applet.

Otherwise very useful.

Regards,
Tom