[OSM-talk] The Highway tags and other junk strikes back

Ben Robbins ben_robbins_ at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 22:43:47 GMT 2006

I can't be arsed to reply to most of that email, casue this is getting
repetative and we are getting knowhere at all.  I shall just reply to this:

>Ignoring what is being said is your perogative however don't be surprised
>if the work you have done suddenly disappears out of the dataset, because
>automated purge routines are run to delete non-standard tags which are
>bloating the data set.

It is ok to tag as you wish.  The opening line of the mpa features page
says...

"It is entirely intentional that OpenStreetMap does not have any content
restrictions on the "Keys" and "Values" that are assigned to Nodes, Line
Segments, Ways or Areas"

So don't threaten me

Ben