[OSM-talk] FW: Graphical generation of Garmin maps from OSM data

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Fri Dec 22 19:02:44 GMT 2006

Converting from OSM to Garmin or Shapefiles is a totally different
problem then converting from OSM to SVG or AI or PDF. In the first case
you are converting vector data from one format to another. In the second
case you have to do the actual rendering, i.e. deciding that a motorway
should be 4px wide and blue with black border or whatever. That is what
mapnik and osmarender are doing at the moment.

Jochen