[OSM-talk] Character encoding in the applet

Jonas Svensson jonass at lysator.liu.se
Fri Dec 29 11:38:02 GMT 2006

I wanted to look at the new applet too see if there are any images from
Yahoo for Sweden and I found some for Stockholm, that is good. However if
you look at
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit.html?lat=59.305394820509456&lon=17.99410585373718&zoom=15>
there are a lot of streetnames with broken character encoding. If I look
at the same area in JOSM the names seems to be perfectly OK. Also if I
download one of the ways using the API, like "wget
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.3/way/1881766", the result seems fine.
So I assume the error is in the applet? My Firefox 2.0.0.1 defaults to
latin-1 for that page but changing encoding manually does not seem to
help and I do not know if page encoding matters for an applet?

/Jonas