[Openstreetmap] more distributed ideas

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Fri Feb 3 15:05:41 GMT 2006

Immanuel Scholz a écrit :

> As example, someone could want to host a server with only tracks with the
> tag "class=river" or "class=coast" and areas with "class=sea",
> "class=ocean" etc... making this server an repository for landscape
> information. Applications that specialize on landscape issues (freemap?)
> could use this server for faster access to these objects.

I was wondering the same thing for tags...

One of the things I'd like to do with the Paris map is to tag roads with
roller-skating stuff (surface quality for road and sidewalk, sidewalk
width, ...)

If everybody add tags on OSM for purpose that specific, it's going to be
a huge mess :)

I think that such usage should be handle by another project (and server)
that use OSM data. We could also put everything on OSM and define tag
classes to request data with only some kind of data.