[Openstreetmap] Tracks for ski resorts

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Tue Feb 14 11:43:15 GMT 2006

Etienne Cherdlu a écrit :

> I'd like to start marking up some pistes on OSM.  Can I ask that
> anyone who will be heading out to the Alps (or the Rockies, or
> anywhere else) consider taking their GPS with them please.

I have tracks for one day of nordic-ski (French Jura) and 5 days of
surfing at Serre-Chevalier (French Alp)

I have not uploaded/traced those track on OSM yet, because I was
wondering if it's something that OSM should hold...

Notes:
- I think we could had slopes on OSM, but it had to be added by someone
who know the station very well to avoid offroad
- For lift/slope tagging, it will be _very_ usefull to find a way to
show altitude info in editors
- We should have "completion per skiing station" on the Wiki :)