[Openstreetmap] The bigger picture

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 17:26:35 GMT 2006

On 2/14/06, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> Quoting Tom Carden <tom at tom-carden.co.uk>:
>
> > This is exactly what I was talking about.  Useful tools to allow
> > potential map consumers to customise what they get out of OSM for a
> > fee.  Nothing about locking up the data.
>
> I'm really, really disappointed by that last comment, assuming it's
> aimed at me.
> :(

Not even read the rest of the email yet. It's definitely not aimed at
you!  I was still worried that we earlier managed to upset Lars and
give the impression that things were going to drastically change...
hence constant reassurances to the contrary.

I should also add that our only real disagreement so far has been on
the interpretation of CC licenses - something I am not qualified to
do.  So the usual 'I am not a lawyer' (I don't even play one on TV)
excuses apply if I said something stupid.

Tom.