[Openstreetmap] Advice on purchasing a new GPS unit

Frank Hebbert frank at hebbert.com
Fri Feb 17 21:19:18 GMT 2006

Etienne Cherdlu, Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 03:08:55PM +0000:
> From what I've seen so far the RoyalTek BlueGPS might be the kind of
> thing I should go for although probably not much use as a navigation
> aid.

I have one, I think it is pretty good. I use it for all the uses you listed except skiing and car navigation.

My main gripe is the poor software for configuring it (Windows only too). And there is no indication of the memory having reached capacity - so I fret that tracks are not being recorded towards the end of long trips.

Frank