[OSM-talk] street categories

nick at hogweed.org nick at hogweed.org
Mon Feb 20 22:15:01 GMT 2006

> You add those labels to each segment of roads ?
>
> I didn't even give names to my roads because I don't want to re-do it
> when OSM will manage streets (as collection of segments or list of
> nodes, we didn't even know)

Well I wanted to display different types of roads and paths on Freemap
straight away so I decided to annotate the segments with the keys/values.
Have also spent much of the last two years collecting footpath/bridleway data
and didn't want to lose that info when I put it into OSM....

When streets are done I'm sure I can do an automated conversion so that the
street takes the type of all the segments making up the street.

Nick