[OSM-talk] freethepostcode updates, and pledge request

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Tue Feb 28 01:36:10 GMT 2006

I've upgraded freethepostcode's code to be nicer, at least to the stage
where I'm not gagging with shame. It's sitting in the subversion repos.

There are many upgrades requested for the site.

I've created a pledge

http://www.pledgebank.com/pcodeupgrade

which reads

"I will upgrade freethepostcode.org to allow postcodes from other
countries, allow other coordinate systems (like National Grid) and write
a europe-wide geocoder based on this Free data but only if 15 other
people will enter 40 postcodes over the next year OR do the translations
OR give 10 pounds."

                                            -- Steve Coast, agitator

So, if the pledge completes I'll do the work. Of course, you're more
than welcome to fulfil more than one of the options.

have fun,