[OSM-talk] labels for road names and route designations

David Sheldon dave at earth.li
Tue Feb 28 17:38:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 04:39:09PM +0000, Etienne Cherdlu wrote:

> I guess we could specify an escaping convention for data that really needs
> to contain a comma.  eg route=A317, NR4, Surrey Cycle Guide\, No 3.
>
> Do you have thoughts on any other options?

The best solution would probably to store the tag data in another table
of the database with a number of tags per item that is tagged. This is
more relational, and has no problems with deliminators.

David

--
Real programmers don't believe in schedules.  Planners make up schedules.
Managers "firm up" schedules.  Frightened coders strive to meet schedules.