FW: FW: [Openstreetmap] Recent improvements to the editing applet

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Mon Jan 2 03:29:08 GMT 2006

On Monday 02 Jan 2006 02:52, David Sheldon wrote:
> Unfortunately this means that when you upload a new route you cannot
> edit it/add roads until the tiles have timed out and the yellow dots
> appear. My process is to upload a track, then draw on roads. This is now
> not as easy as before as you don't necessarily get the track on the
> editor straight away.
>
> David

Indeed; I would be able to edit a lot faster if I didn't have to stop and wait
a few hours for another clump of my breadcrumbs to appear. Most of the time
breadcrumb trails disappear in the halfway down a road (one tile is cached,
another isn't) and I just can't go any further.

It's also particularly difficult if you're trying to do an area you don't know
too well. If you're able to work on it while the trip is still fresh in your
memory, it really helps. Especially with road names.

But of course I understand how it's a tradeoff with performance (which seems
to have stepped up in the last ~24 hours).

robert.